Our Zero Commitment Shipping Quote
All orders that require shipping outside of our local delivery area (Calgary, Cochrane, Airdrie, Chestermere) will require a shipping charge.
Once we receive your order:
- We pack, weigh and measure your package.
- We find the best shipping cost from the options we have available. Most orders ship via courier (normally Canpar, but we also use Purolator, Loomis, UPS, etc). Rural and remote addresses often go with Canada Post.
- We calculate your shipping cost using the actual cost we pay to ship your order minus a percentage of your total order value.
- We do not add any handling fees.
- We email an invoice to you with the shipping quote and other information.
- If you wish to proceed, simply pay the shipping invoice as we do not keep any debit or credit card information on file.
- Once paid, we finish packing your order, create a shipping label and send off the tracking information to you.
- If instead you wish to cancel, just let us know and your order and shipping invoice are cancelled with a full refund of any funds that have been prepaid.
Why don't we do automatic shipping at checkout?
Well, shipping is a complicated business when you try to automate it! Our products vary greatly in size, shape, weight and density. We've looked at a lot of software and, so far, none can handle all those options accurately, So, for now, we custom pack all of our orders to get the best fit. That may include cutting a box to size, instead of using standard box sizes, saving you money because you aren't shipping air. Since a lot of our products are light, the volume of the box (or the dimensional weight), as opposed to the actual weight, determines the rate. We also check multiple shipping providers (Canada Post, Canpar, Loomis, Purolator, UPS, FedEx) to get you the best rate. As we said, it's complicated.