Our Zero Commitment Shipping Quote
All orders that require shipping outside of our local delivery area (Calgary, Cochrane, Airdrie, Chestermere) will be charged for shipping. Your shipping charge will be sent as an invoice that can be paid through the store using any of the store's payment options. You can cancel your order after receiving the quote and any prepaid amounts will be voided or fully refunded, depending on the method of payment.
We work very hard to minimize our shipping charge by custom fitting a box, if necessary, and getting quotes from multiple sources.
Once we receive your order:
- We pick your items then pack, weigh and measure your package.
- We find the best shipping rate from the options we have available. Most orders ship via courier (Canpar, Loomis, Purolator, UPS, etc). Rural and remote addresses often go with Canada Post.
- We calculate your shipping cost using the actual cost we pay to ship your order minus a percentage of your total order value.
- We do not add any handling fees.
- We email an invoice to you with the shipping quote and other information.
- If you wish to proceed, simply pay the shipping invoice as we do not keep any debit or credit card information on file.
- Once paid, we finish packing your order, create a shipping label and send off the tracking information to you.
- If instead you wish to cancel, please let us know and your order and shipping invoice are cancelled with a full refund of any funds that have been prepaid.
Why don't we do automatic shipping at checkout?
Well, shipping is a complicated business when you try to automate it! Our products vary greatly in size, shape, weight and density. We've looked at a lot of software and, so far, none can handle all those options accurately. So, for now, we custom pack all of our orders to get the best fit. That may include cutting a box to size, instead of using standard box sizes, saving you money because you aren't shipping air. Since a lot of our products are light, the volume of the box (or the dimensional weight), as opposed to the actual weight, determines the rate. We check multiple shipping providers (Canada Post, Canpar, Loomis, Purolator, UPS, FedEx) to get you the best rate. As we said, it's complicated.